Reese's eye doctor is so great and I know that she is genuinely concerned about Reese and why her vision is as bad as it is but sometimes her comments even make me worry i.e. "I've never had a patient like this before", "I just wish I could explain why her vision is so bad". Anyways... she referred us to her partner who has a machine that measures the axial length of the eye (how big or small the eye is). Her appointment was this morning and he had to put drops in her eyes and use a probe and touch it to her eyeball and rub it back and forth across the eye. She did amazing and sat so still and he was able to determine that the axial length of her eye is 17mm and a normal length for her age is 20mm. So now we know why her vision is so bad and that nothing else (tumors, blood clots, etc.) is causing the horrible vision. We also know now that this is permanent (I think we always knew that though) and that she will always have bad vision and that she could possibly pass it onto her children. She's an amazing girl and when she starts sassin me and being her stubborn little self I need to remember that she has more obstacles than I have. I love her to pieces!
9 years ago
10 comments:
She couldn't have chosen a better MOM, Katie you are a great one...and what AN AWESOME YOUNG GIRL, it must run in the family.. we love you all....
We know Reeslyn is amazing--her eyesight will never be a handicap to her--she is so funny when she takes off her glasses and says "I can't see you" and smiles that cute smile. She will always be a leader. She is one of 10 (12) amazing grandchildren that we love getting to live so close to and enjoy watching grow up. Her parents are doing a good job--keep on loving every moment.
How precious! She has always been so great at all of her eye appointments-really what a blessing! She is so sweet. What a relief to finally know the "reason" for her eyesight-it must bring a lot of peace to know!! You should be very proud-I know you are.
that's great that they could finally pinpoint the reason behind it.
I am sure is in comforting to know the reason behind all this! I love that little girl, and my heavens she is cute!! I can't wait to see her again!
Seriously we have no idea what it's like to not be able to see clearly. That would be really hard. I know I take it for granted sometimes. She is a doll! Love her!
she's just so cute. i love little kids in glasses. glad they found the problem.
you're lucky reeselyn is so cute, she can handle it she is such a good girl. I love that she loves her glasses. I guess I would to if they made me see.
Hey, I remember that cow, and that cute little girl! Can't wait to come "see" you.
Please give Reeslyn a big hug, and Mallory and Mason and Mommy and Daddy.
Love Grandma
Yipeee, now your doctor won't worry you anymore with her comments!! I am so glad you have answers. Reeslyn couldn't belong to a better family....I know I haven't known you "well" all that long, but now that I do I can say that I think you and Russ do a phenominal job at parenting. Reeslyn won't ever let this slow her down and thank goodness she has her family rooting her on and treating her like the normal, smart, sassy diva that she is.
Post a Comment