For those of you that missed my enrichment class here is a step by step look at Pressure Canning Chicken
*****
Step 1: Clean jars and place lids in a small pot with water to boil
Step 2: Prepare your chicken by cutting into smaller pieces so you can "squish" it in the jar easier
Step 3: Using a wide mouth funnel put raw chicken into jar and add either 1 tsp real salt or 1 tbsp chicken broth powder.
Then add up to 1/2 cup water using a spatula to help it go all the way down and release all the air bubbles. Leave 1 inch head space.
4 comments:
Thank you so much for posting this! I really need step by step instructions like this! You are so great!
SWEET! Thanks for the reminder that I need to go to the store to buy the pressure cooker :)
Love ya
Thank you for the lesson, here is another post idea. Recipes to use your canned chicken with!
Katie, Thanks for the helpful info. I got a pressure canner and am very happy with it. I canned chicken and green beans. Yeah for food storage.
Post a Comment