Friday, October 19, 2007

Winter Grass



So, when I moved to Arizona I was totally clueless to the fact that in the winter time you actually have to plant new grass. I just assumed because the weather is so nice here that grass is just green year round. Nope I was wrong my husband spends a whole day in October mowing the grass, thatching the grass and then spreading new seed on the lawn and steer manuer on top of that so the birds don't eat the seed. It smells really bad because of the manuer for a few days and you have to water it 3 times a day for 1-2 weeks and can't walk on it but then it looks like this not even 2 weeks later...


Isn't it beautiful! I love Arizona in the winter!

7 comments:

Jess Perry said...

What a great place...any ideas on how to convince my husband to move there just because of the grass and weather?

Brooke said...

Wow! The after picture totally caught me off guard! Your yard looks fantastic!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

I think Russ has some seceret trick, because your grass always looks extra good!!

Jessica said...

lookin' good. Sean just did our yard too--can't wait for it to look like yours!

Spencer and Marlee said...

The Grass looks great!! I hope to have grass someday!

It's Been a Day! said...

that looks amazing!

Katie said...

Your lawn looks great. What type of Phoenix sod variety did you use? I'm getting ready to order a new lawn for myself from Evergreen Turf. Last year I waited too long and my lawn did not take as well as yours did so this year I'm going the easy way out - ha!