Sunday, May 25, 2008

Canning




This is what I did this weekend and I am so darn proud of myself. I started by going to a class to see how it was done (I was clueless when it came to canning) then I bought all the supplies and by Saturday I had 4 quarts of chicken, 5 quarts of Puerto Rican Beans and 4 pints of jam. Now I am addicted and I can't wait until the ads come out so I can find out what's on sale and go buy more food to can!!!

8 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

i'm very impressed!! I would love to learn more about canning. I hear applesauce is very easy, but I have yet to do that!!

Marla said...

That is so funny. I have been wanting to do canning for a few months now but I don't want to buy the stuff and not sure where to learn how. Now you can teach me. GOOD JOB!

Di and Justin said...

I love the feeling when you are all done and see the "fruits of your labor"... can't wait for you to teach me how to do the chicken....

Jessica said...

awesome!! let's do a family FHE where you can teach us how to do it. i totally want to learn!

Jess Perry said...

I am very impressed. Awesome job! This summer that is my goal. To learn how to can. Homemade jam is one of my ultimate favorite things...need to do it. You have inspired me!

Mendy said...

I love to make jam! It's the only thing I know how to can. I might have to show up at your house next time your canning, for lessons!

merathon said...

katie-- thanks for your recommendation on the acadia. i just barely found your comment cuz it was on the blog that i don't use (we are at http://mckinnons.spaces.live.com). we did end up getting the minivan for convenience sake and even though i still shed a tear every time i see an acadia drive by, i'm pretty happy that we made this decision for now while our kids are young. when they get older, we're going back to an SUV for sure!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Way to go!! We need to have a canning party-I love it!!