Thursday, July 31, 2008

And then there were 5




After Reeslyn fell in love with my friend Marla's dog Russ decided that she needed one of her own so we started looking. Our only criteria was that it was a small inside dog since we share backyards with our neighbors. We found one that we thought was worth taking a look at so we got the kids in the car and drove over. Once we got there we immediately knew this is not where we were going to get our dog because the place was like a junk yard. It was dirty and gross and we almost turned right around. But then the man walked out with the dogs and I then knew immediately that we were not only going to take 1 dog but we were going to take both dogs. I couldn't bear the thought of these 2 little dogs living there any longer so now we are proud new owners of a male and female chihuahua. I always thought I would have 5 kids, I guess our family is complete!





They don't have names yet so any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

12 comments:

Spencer and Marlee said...

YEAH you joined the dog world again!! They are ADORABLE!!!! I love the picture of Reeslyn with the puppy sleeping!!! Let us know when you name them.
ps I hope your family gets bigger!

Claire said...

So cute!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! I too recently purchased a dog! Well, inherited really. My sis is giving us one of her dogs, but it is breaking her heart! The great thing is mine is already potty trained :-) I am sure your kids will come up with some great names soon. Our cute little doggy is named Larry. I am soooooo excited for you....us!

It's Been a Day! said...

so darling. tyson actually just asked for a dog last night and i told him if he wanted a dog he would have to pick up the poop. that was enough for him to stop asking for a dog. i think we will have a dog vicariously through your blog. i love how your girls just love them. they are very cute dogs.

Di and Justin said...

Reeslyn,
I love your new dog. I miss you
Jaden

Kena said...

They are very cute Katie! Your girls look very happy. Good luck!

Mama J said...

YAY!!! I love dogs! And it looks like your girls love them too! I've potty trained a couple dogs. And your lucky you got them from a breeder because they are WAY easier to potty train. The best way and its a little annoying at first, but its so much faster is to crate train them. Since they dont like peeing where they sleep it makes it 10 times easier, my new puppy is used to peeing in his cage so its made it really hard. But what you do is... Give them their food and water and put them in their cage, 15-30 minutes later take them out and take them straight to where you want them to do their business. (I really like doggie doors) Dont talk to them or play just say go pee pee and wait. If they go, reward them and then they get to come in and play for a while. If they dont you put them back in their cage for a couple minutes and do it again! I swear it works! I had one of my puppies trained in a WEEK! Its hard cause your kids just want to play with them but you also dont want them getting in the habbit of peeing in your house, especially the boy. Just keep repeating that over and over. They cant be allowed to be out that much, but once you get them on track they can be out whenever! Good luck! Lemme know if you need any more help.

Diana said...

I called Ansley in here to look and she said, "AWWWWW!!!"
I asked her what their names should be and she said,(pointing at the light and then the dark) "Sarah and Boston"

We got Sid and Diego's names from Ice Age. You could ask the girls what their favorite movie is and then help them pick a name from it.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

how about sammy and max??

Anonymous said...

How about Sammy and Max?? Carley

Amy said...

The boys say, oreo and milkshake. We watched some gerbils for a friend and the white one was milkshake and the black one oreo. Now any animal that is black must be oreo and white must be milkshake.

Jeni said...

I have been so out of touch with things lately! I had no clue you guys got 2 dogs! You're brave. I don't dare take that one. Kelsi would love it if we got a dog.