"I wish time would permit us to fully explore the spiritual breadth of Hyrum's testimony as reflected in his sermons and teachings. Perhaps this one quotation will suffice. . . . Said Hyrum: 'I had been abused and thrust into a dungeon, and confined for months on account of my faith, and the "testimony of Jesus Christ." However I thank God that I felt a determination to die, rather than deny the things which my eyes had seen, which my hands had handled, and which I had borne testimony to, wherever my lot had been cast; and I can assure my beloved brethren that I was enabled to bear as strong a testimony, when nothing but death presented itself, as ever I did in my life' ("A History of the Persecution, of the Church of Jesus Christ, of Latter-day Saints in Missouri," Times and Seasons, Dec. 1839, p. 23)."
P.S. My BIL and SIL Spencer and Marlee (and Marlee's sister) did the baptisms for a few of my ancestors today and I am overwhelmed with the spirit! What an amazing Heavenly Father we have and what an amazing plan he has laid out for us! Thank you Spencer and Marlee!!!
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment