Take An Ancestor To The Temple
Our ward had an amazing program in Relief Society this year call TAT. It started in January and the hope was that by the end of the year we would all have a name of one of our ancestors that we could take to the temple. Well in January I really wanted to do it but I was scared to death because I had no clue how to get started. So the lady in our ward who was in charge set up a little class for us to learn and boy did I learn!!! By the end of the year I not only had multiple names to do the work for in the temple but I also had a love and appreciation for these ancestors who passed on before me. I learned that my Grandpa's mom was an excellent cook and she was especially good at making concord grape pies! I learned that she had a sleeping sickness that made her sleep for months. I learned so much from this but most importantly I re-learned that families really are FOREVER and no matter what when they pass away you will miss them and what you don't learn about them while they are alive you will have to search and search for after they are gone. I am so greatful for how much information can be found on the internet these days and I am so greatful for blogging because it forcing me to journal and it gives my posterity a way of knowing who I am. So take the challenge, take an ancestor to the temple this year!
5 comments:
what a great idea. I have really loved the new family history site and have printed off some names to take to the temple. Congrats on meeting your goal.
I know, I love how easy the new website makes it!!!
That is so cool!! I really want to learn more about my family history. Thanks for sharing!
Katie you are amazing!! What a great experience!
That's a really good lookin' group! Way to go.
Post a Comment