Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I cut me some bangs


Apparently she just wants to look like her mother because she went and cut her some bangs at school today!

I noticed her new doo when she got home from school so I asked her about it and of course she totally denied it (she's in that stage right now) so being the sly person that I am I shot back with "oh that's too bad because I think they look cute and I was going to tell you that you did a good job." Which she responded to with a very strange look and then replied "well I just cut a little". Laughing I tell her we should go look in the mirror at her beautiful artwork and then show Daddy. Then she got embarrassed and didn't want to talk anymore.

Truthfully I was toying with the idea of cutting bangs on her anyway so it didn't bother me at all that she did it. Now I wasn't going for the choppy uneven look but it will do for now until they grow a little.

And here is what they look like today after a little help from my scissors. Isn't she cute!

12 comments:

Josh, Morgan, and Our Kids said...

I have to say, she didn't do too bad! It could have been a lot worse! Such a funny story!

Claire said...

That's funny! So many kids do that. I don't remember doing it myself, but I remember when my sister chopped hers... at the hairline. She had these little spikey hairs along her forehead for weeks.

Diana said...

There sure are some nice haircutting scissors at preschool!
I am glad Ansley's hair dresser at school only took a few hairs off Ansley! Reeslyn is still as cute as ever!

Bronwyn James said...

Oh, she did pretty good! It would be hard to mess up that cute face anyway. :)

It's Been a Day! said...

i think she did a great job! i had a friend who didn't want bangs anymore so she cut them off completly!! wrong thing to do if you won't want bangs anymore!! but i think reeslyn looks fantastic!

Mama J said...

She looks good! And she did a pretty good job cutting them too! Maybe a future as a stylist????

Jessica said...

I think she looks so cute!

Linda Bennett said...

What kind of preschool teachers wouldn't notice that she was cutting her hair???
You're still adorable Reeslyn!
Love you~
Miss Linda

[BrookeO] said...

Cute. I love it!

Nana said...

Her bangs are very cute. She really did do a nice job on them. i will have to show her the haircut Aunt Wendy gave Uncle Spencer the morning of his first grade pictures--and she was 14..and I cried when I saw his pictures....

Anonymous said...

Yes.....she's super cute! Oh, and I am so mad my phone was on vibrate and I didn't get your text until 10pm! We soooo want to do that, so count us in next time.

Jennie Minor said...

Love the bangs! She is a cutie!