Sunday, July 12, 2009

Where in the world is...

I have always loved geography but there is one major problem... I don't know anything about geography! I have always wanted to know where in the world everything is but I just don't! So to solve this problem and hopefully help my kids know their geography better than their mother does I did this to our playroom...
*
*
*
1 down, 49 to go
And here is the finished product

Now for Europe...


16 comments:

Josh, Morgan, and Our Kids said...

How fun! That's a great idea! :)

Spencer and Marlee said...

I LOVE it!! It turned out amazing!! I am totally with you... I wish I was a little more knowledgeable about my geography too!

Anonymous said...

THAT IS AWESOME!! Did you project it onto the wall and trace it? Seriously, I need to study this, I found myself confused in Maryland and DC and Deleware of where everything was last week! I'm ashamed to admit! =) Great work.

Bronwyn James said...

Katie, I love it! I love maps. Too bad I will never have my own walls to paint on. :(

Lesley said...

Now that's a labor of love! Good luck with Europe! I have the U.S. down, after teaching U.S. history, but Europe is another story!

Katie and Howard said...

Wow...that looks amazing! Way to go! :)

THE LEWIS' said...

katie that turned out so good. I love the colors you choose. NICE WORK!!

It's Been a Day! said...

very impressive! i think i'll have to keep this post so when i need to find a state i can just look at your wall!! you did a great job on it.

Jessica said...

looks great!

Mendy said...

Are you really painting all of that?? It looks awesome! Your kids will grow up never being lost!

{Annie N.} said...

What a cute idea! Looks like you are an artist...I need to get Europe down better.

Tucker said...

Happy Birthday Katie,

Hope you have a great 29!

K

Sare said...

You're Amazing!!! I mean who paints in a skirt?? LOVE it!

Di and Justin said...

love it!
Hey so when your done are you going to come this way?
ps went and bought a pressure cooker today :) So look out the calls will be coming

Diana said...

I agree with Sarah! Nice painting outfit!!! I'll have to come over and study with you!

Maegan said...

It looks great, I could never do that even if I was just painting something already traced on the wall. You are amazing!! Happy late birthday btw! Love the new closet and jealous about the new shower to come!