Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween 09

This Halloween was my favorite to date, we had so many activities and so many costumes we didn't know what to do with ourselves and that made it all the more fun. Plus to add to it all three of my kids understood the concept of it and we were able to enjoy watching all the fun they had because of it.

First we started out by having a Halloween Party with Mallory's Pre-School class. Costume #1 for Mallory was Tinkerbell because her cousin Tyler was Peter Pan and Aunt Stephanie had bought her a Tinkerbell dress up for her birthday back in February that worked perfect. Well Tyler ended up getting sick before the party even started so Mallory decided for Costume #2 she was going to match Morgan who just happened to have the same dress as Mallory (one that I had gotten last year after Halloween on clearance and saved in my closet until now). Mason's first costume (which was supposed to be his only costume) was a Lion so we took a picture with Belle and called it... Beauty and the Beast

Well the Lion didn't last long and he turned back into his normal self which I think is quite adorable in itself so here we have... Cinderella and Prince Charming
Next was Reeslyn's school Halloween Party (which I didn't get any pictures of) but I went to help out with it and it was so much fun to see Reeslyn in her school element and meet all of her classmates! They were all so adorable and I loved every minute of it.
Costume #1 for Reeslyn (which again I don't have a picture of) was her costume from last year because we ordered her costume for this year online and it didn't make it here until Friday afternoon so we had to scramble at the last minute so she wasn't the only one at school without a costume. She was so sweet about it though. I had told her that we could go to the store and buy a new costume because I felt so bad and she said "it's ok Mom I'll just wear mine from last year".
Costume #2 was a Candy Corn Witch that she was sooooo excited about when it finally did arrive.

Costume #3 for Mallory was a "Wedding Girl" which again I got last year after Halloween on clearance for dirt cheap!

We went to Trunk or Treat for our church on Friday night which was so much fun! The kids got sooooo much candy!



Grandpa Russ came with us to Trunk or Treat which was so fun for the kids and a huge help to me because Russ had to work so Grandpa handed out candy at the trunk while I was able to take the kids around to Trunk or Treat. They also had fun activities for the kids and this is Mallory decorating a cookie, she had so much fun and got very into it.

Mason decorated a bag while we waited for Mallory to finish her cookie Saturday which was really Halloween we drove to Sierra Vista because cousin Madison was going to be blessed on Sunday and we wanted to be there for it. We got to go to Spencer and Marlee's Trunk or Treat which was massive!!! We already had lots of candy from the night before and we got a ton more.
My favorite memories of this Halloween...
-Mason totally got it, he said Trick or Treat to every single person and was so cute to watch run all over the place with complete joy from all the candy he was scoring.
-Mallory and Reeslyn asked Grandpa Russ to stay and watch a Halloween movie after Trunk or Treating and they all cuddled on the couch together.
-Reeslyn got to have some much wanted independence because she had her best buddy Caitlyn to trick or treat with. She is always so timid and scared of getting lost that she never gets more than a foot away from me but with Caitlyn around her confidence level boosts and they were running up ahead of us getting a ton of candy because of it.
-Mallory making sure that everybody knew that she was really just Mallory, it's only a costume you know.

4 comments:

Spencer and Marlee said...

It was fun to have all you guys here! We will have to do it again when Madison understands what is going on. I bet that was fun to have all 3 kids understand the concept of Trick-or-treating.
Looks like whenever Madison needs a costume I know who to call:) They all looked so cute in all of them. It's easy when they are naturally adorable!

Nana said...

Looks like everyone really had lots of "halloween" activities to attend. It was fun to be at some of them with the kids. I am glad that the Peter Pan and Wendy costumes I made last year came in handy agin this year. With Disneyland and Thanksgiving coming along, November is going to ba a memorable time also.

Maegan said...

Your kids look so cute, I love the candy corn witch outfit! Glad you guys had a fun Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a peek into the Spooktacular time you had.
Boo 2U2, xo