Monday, November 30, 2009

Oakley

This is an article about my nephew. He was born with spina-bifida. I remember seeing him in the hospital when he was born and spending lots of nights at his house afterwards. Oh how I loved that baby! It was so fun to be an Aunt! Well my mom and his Grandpa got divorced and I would start to see him less and less. Then I moved and it was even less. Then I got married and it got even less. I still think about him often though and I was so grateful when I got an e-mail from his mom tonight sharing this article with me.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705347301/Thankful-fan-Highland-football-players-befriend-special-needs-boy.html

7 comments:

Claire said...

Awww! What a sweet story and what a special nephew you have! Makes me all teary! (not hard these days...)

Anonymous said...

wow! cool story!!

Spencer and Marlee said...

I LOVED it!! I am actually going to send the article to my Bro (jared) on his mission. He had a similar experience. What a special story and a sweet nephew.

Jessica said...

neat.

Marla said...

That was really cool especially to read at this time of year. I think about him often, thanks for the update!

Becky said...

That is so neat! Makes me want to cry! I remember you telling me about him before. Just makes you wish everyone would have that same compassion towards others!

Diana said...

Awesome story!