Sunday, January 17, 2010

Goin on a road trip


I need your help blogger buddies!
For my 30th birthday my husband asked me what I wanted
and I told him I wanted to take the kids and go visit my grandparents in St. Louis.

We have a lot of decisions to make
-Do we drive?
-Do we fly?
-If we drive where do we stay along the way...
it looks like our path would take us through
Albuquerque, NM
Amarillo, TX
Oklahoma City, OK
has anybody been to any of these places or live near any of these places and have some advice for us???

11 comments:

Spencer and Marlee said...

Sounds like a fun trip!! I actually have been to Albuquerque and liked it. My cousin's wife/ our neighbor was born and raised. I'll see if she has any suggestions.
I could also ask my Grandparents if you want, they drove to and from Nauvoo that same way.

Becky said...

too bad it's not through Kansas City!

Nan said...

When we take long road trips, we have small gifts that the kids open along the way if they are good. It works great.
I personally prefer to fly. It costs more, but easier on the kids.

Amy said...

Can't help with along the way, but we are a short jaunt north of G&G :)

We love Embassy Inn and Suites. They have great rooms with an amazing cooked to order hot breakfast each morning. We get a hefty discount with Sam being in the military, so I am not sure how economical it is without that.

Amy said...

Okay, more like 7 hours - but hey it's a lot closer than AZ :)

Sare said...

If you drive...and have the time... you guys could go to Nauvoo. It's so worth the trip!!

[BrookeO] said...

Come see me!!!!!!! Just a tad out of the way - Minneapolis!!!!!!

Sorry I'm no help! What a fun thing to do, my 30th is coming right up..........:)

Di and Justin said...

Hey call us cause Justin wants to go out this spring!!! He is saying "Have Katie call me". Sorry he is so bad with the phone thing :)

sweetvictorya said...

I've made all those stops!!! We went to Michigan and St Louis was one of our stops. We saw all the temples from here to there.

It's Been a Day! said...

have driven through albequerque a few times on my way up to utah. my only advice - just don't hit it at rush hour! it will slow you way down! have driven through amarillo as well - you won't have that problem!!

Marlowe said...

We took a huge road trip when I was younger to TN and drove through all those places. We went through the petrified forest and painted desert on the way to Albuquerque. It was fun and broke the trip up. It is WAY boring going through OK, unless you break down in some po-dunk town like we did (ever heard of Sallisaw? I hope you don't ever have to. Not a fun place to break down)In all, It was a fun trip, but we were older than your kids are. We counted semis and looked for lisence plates, etc. I'm sure there are some fun things along the way you can stop and see, if you like to stop along the way.