9 years ago
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Lent
Today is Ash Wednesday. Something I don't normally notice on the calendar each year but I have been really involved in my family history this past year, especially my mom's side of the family. The Milner side. They are Catholic and my mom remembers doing Lent growing up. In honor of my ancestors I am going to participate. Now, what am I going to give up you ask. I am going to give up eating past 8:00 pm. Ok to some of you this sounds wierd but to me it's going to be really really hard because I put my kids to bed at 7:30 each night and then I EAT! I dish myself up a nice bowl of ice cream or just a nice bowl of cold cereal. Sometimes it's chips and salsa or m&m's. Or when Russ is home one of us will make a run to Sonic and get a Chocolate malt. Ok you get the point. I enjoy food! But I want to start enjoying it a little earlier in the day when I know it will be burned off a little better by my daily activities. So wish me luck, I'm going to need it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
First of all, I love this idea. But mostly I wonder how you keep your stunning figure when you eat ice cream and M&Ms before bed? It's probably all that running you do, but if not, please do share your secret. :)
A friend of mine in St. George went to Church to receive his ashes yesterday on Ash Wednesday. A little later in the day a well meaning store attendant said quietly "you have some dirt on your forehead". The man nodded and said "yes, I got it at Church today". The store attendant then said nodding his head, "oh, clean up day, eh?"
I love you Katie, I will Lent with you.
Love,Mom
well Bronwyn that is the problem, it's starting to catch up to me so I figured I better change my habits a little. But yes the running helps too :)
Good luck, I too enjoy a bowl of ice cream or cereal at night, I just can't seem to give it up :(
Good luck Katie!! I am bad about eating late too! I am trying my best to have dinner done and eaten by 6pm. It has only happened a few times lately. I need to cut back on the sweets too! Eating healthier would be a good idea while nursing...right??? ;-)
Good Luck!! I am so that way. Come 8:30-9, I'm ready to have something sweet. I need to change what I eat at that time.
I am the same way! Ice cream is our weekness. You'd think I'd learn and just not buy it... but it's so refreshing after a hard day with kids!
Post a Comment