9 years ago
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Nanopthalamus it is...
We went to the eye doctor the other day. Mason was so cute telling the doctor what the pictures on the wall were. She's never had him do that before and she was quite impressed with his smartness. Apparently she hasn't had young kids in a while. What 2 year old doesn't know what a cake, horse and car look like??? It was cute though. His little voice telling her what they were on cue. I so wish I would have had my video camera there. It made me think about Reeslyn the first time she got to tell what the pictures on the wall were. I was one proud mama! Then there was sweet little Mallory just sitting on the floor coloring, waiting very patiently for her brother and sister to get done with their exams. I have often wondered how it skipped Mallory. How Reese and Mason both have extreme vision problems but Mallory's is perfect like her Mom and Dad. Well I had that question answered today. Dr. L has been doing some research on her "special" patients. She's been confiding in her colleagues and trying to find out as much as she can about their condition a condition that she wasn't even quite sure what to call at first. But now she is convinced that they have nanopthalamus which is what she thought they had a long time ago but now through her research the past couple years she is convinced. And in her research she also discovered that it usually only affects 1 boy and 1 girl from each family. It is also said to skip a generation which is why Russ and I don't have any problems with it. Interesting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I did find that very interesting! Thanks for the email. We miss you guys! We haven't heard from you in a while. (2 more weeks)
Post a Comment