Monday, February 14, 2011

The best Valentine's ever!


I have an amazing husband and yes he makes EVERY Valentine's Day wonderful for me, I am truly spoiled!!! But this year takes the cake. Why? you ask. Well let me just tell you. (and it has nothing to do with the husband)
I had just gotten done teaching gymnastics and was dishing up some dinner for the kids when Reeslyn tells me that Mallory got a bloody nose while I was teaching. Now let me preface this story by telling you that Reeslyn will use ANY excuse possible to interrupt me while I'm teaching so I think to myself, why didn't I have a frantic Reeslyn coming into the garage screaming that Mallory had a bloody nose??? So then I asked Mallory if she really did in fact have a bloody nose and she confirms that she did. Reeslyn continues on with the story and tells me that it just started dripping everywhere so she ran and got a box of tissues and a garbage can and she took care of Mallory for me.
I know this may sound like a funny Valentine story to some of you but to me it shows that my oldest daughter LOVES her younger sister and took care of her when I wasn't there to do it! And isn't that what the day of love is all about, showing those special people in your life that you care. Oh and did I mention that we just got new carpet last week and none of the blood got on it. Thanks Reese for loving me enough to take care of my carpet and my Mallory!!!

1 comment:

Diana said...

You've been a busy blogger! Last time I looked was day 3.
So sweet and brave of Reeslyn to take care of Mallory! And so nice of them to stay off the carpet. On Saturday my girls were telling me that Mason was sick but he stayed on the tile and didn't throw up on the carpet. I told the girls I was SURE that you appreciated that!