Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just Journaling

This past weekend we drove down to Sierra Vista to visit family.  I lived the first 5 years of my life in Tucson and so on the way home we decided to drive by the house that I lived in.  It's funny because I have so many vivid memories of that house and I'm not sure why.  I remember my best friend living down the street, her name was Cami Brown.  She was 1 year older than me and I remember very vividly waiting for her to get home from kindergarten so we could play.  Every single day I would wait and wait and wait for her to get home and now I think about how short 2 1/2 hours really is and wonder why I thought it took so long.  I remember meeting my kindergarten teacher a few weeks before school was supposed to start and I also remember a few days later my parents telling us that we were moving back to Utah and that I wouldn't be starting kindergarten there anymore.  I remember feeling very disappointed that I wouldn't have that teacher anymore and I remember being very sad to leave Cami Brown.  It's amazing what a 5 year old mind can remember!  As we tried to find the house that I lived in the address that my mom gave me didn't match up to any of the houses so I had to go off of memory and I remembered the house being grey and blue.  We found a grey and blue house and got out and snapped a picture and later found out that it wasn't really the house.  But it didn't even matter because just being on that street brought me back to when I was 5 years old and I lived in Arizona.  It's funny how I ended up back here.  Somehow I always knew I would.  Arizona is home for me!  I love that I live here and that my children will grow up here.  I love that Heavenly Father had a plan for me and that my life and all my memories are guided by him!  I feel very blessed to be where I am!  I feel very blessed to be married to Russ!  I feel very blessed to have 3 healthy children!  And now I want to go find Cami Brown!