"Let me cite a hypothetical example of a dear sister in any ward, the one who has perfect children who never cause a disturbance in church. She is the one working on her 20th generation in her family history, keeps an immaculate home, has memorized the book of Mark, and makes wool sweaters for the orphaned children in Romania. No disrespect, of course, intended for any of these worthy goals. Now, when you get tempted to throw your hands in the air and give up because of this sister, please remember you're not competing with her any more than I'm competing with the members of the Quorum of the Twelve in winning a 50 yard dash. The only thing you need to worry about is striving to be the best you can be. And how do you do that? You keep your eye on the goals that matter most in life, and you move towards them step by step."
Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin (1917-2008)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
9 years ago
2 comments:
That's awesome. I love it!!!
I love this...thank you!!!
Post a Comment