My friend Jeni and I ran the Sedona Half Marathon today and it was so beautiful and so much fun! I was a little nervous about this race because my long distances have not been as easy for me lately. I was definitely prepared to not have a very good run time but the idea of having a fun girl's night over shadowed that. We met up at Macaroni Grill to get some carbs in and then headed to Sedona to pick up our race packets. From there we headed to my in-law's cabin. It was getting late and we knew we should have gone to bed but Jeni wanted to try out my new curling iron so we did up our hair all fancy and then finally turned in around 11:00. And of course I didn't sleep at all because I can never sleep the night before a race. We woke up just before 6:00, ate some food and headed back to Sedona. It was COLD!!! And at this point I was starting to get really nervous becuase I really didn't think I was going to run very well. We started the race and I totally surprised myself. There were a lot of hills and I actually felt really good running up them. Don't get me wrong it was HARD! But I felt good about how I did and my time ended up being 1:54. Jeni could have easily passed me up and run ahead but she stayed with me and that made it even more fun! Thanks Jeni for an awesome time!
9 years ago
2 comments:
Great job! You guys are some crazy ladies that's for sure!
Yeah, I could probably stay up all night then run over thirteen miles in less than two hours but I just don't want to show you up ;-) You rock Katie!
Post a Comment