Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Spinach Pancakes


Do you make GREEN pancakes for St. Patrick's Day?

Well this year put spinach in the pancakes instead of food coloring.
My kids loved it!


It's easy to do...
add spinach to the liquid portion of your pancake mix, put it in a blender and blend until smooth, then add to the dry ingredients and mix like normal.
I used the Krusteaz brand of pancake mix, put the water portion in a blender with the spinach, blended and added to the pancake mix
(I also add flaxseed).

4 comments:

Spencer and Marlee said...

I have actually had them! Your right, they are yummy. It is also good in pumpkin pancakes.

Spencer and Marlee said...

I haven't put flax seed in mine. but I am sure that is good. I use flax seed in other things and I like the flavor of it.

Josh, Morgan, and Our Kids said...

Such a GREAT idea. I just mixed sweet potatoes in my kids taco meat for dinner tonight! I'm all about finding ways to pack in more veggies! Thanks for the idea! :)

Jessica said...

am going to try this soon!