Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Doodlings

Today as I was sitting in Relief Society I was noticing that the girl next to me was doodling on her paper but it wasn't just stick figure doodles like I would have done, it was beautiful art!  As I continued to snoop at her paper because I was so intrigued I started to notice that her drawings were going along with the lesson.  It was beautiful and powerful to say the least.  The spirit touched me when I looked over again and saw a drawing of a woman praying next to her newborn baby.  What an amazing and powerful lesson I learned in that minute that we all learn and ponder in different ways.  I appreciated her beautiful artwork so much and told her so after the lesson was over.  She then told me that this is how she takes notes because she hates her handwriting.  I am grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who inspired me to ask this girl to sit by me today so I could be shown her wonderful talent! 

3 comments:

Alli said...

Was that Courtney? She looks like such a nice girl. I'm glad she sat by you too. You are so smart to listen to promptings. It was a lovely lesson, wasn't it?

[BrookeO] said...

I admire you.

Maegan said...

That is really neat...