Sunday, June 24, 2012

Say a prayer Mommy

The other day Mason had been playing with his cousins next door all day and by about 6:00 he was starting to have meltdowns cause he was exhausted. At one point he started screaming at Mallory and I knew he needed a break so I carried him inside and told him he needed to sit down and read some books with me for a little bit and then he could go back out and play. Well he didn't like this idea one bit and it was obvious to me that he had reached the point of no return and I told him he needed to go take a bath and get ready for bed. Of course this made him even more mad and getting through his bath was a nightmare. By the time I finally got him in his jammies and into bed almost an hour of crying had past. At this point I was losing my patience and ready to be done. I told him he needed to calm down and he looked at me and said "will you say a prayer Mommy, that will make me feel better". That of course melted my heart and we said a prayer together and he fell asleep. I am grateful for the opportunities I have to be taught by my own children. I am grateful that this little 4 year old already knows the importance and power of prayer! And I am grateful to a loving Heavenly Father who answered our prayer so Mason was able to fall asleep and get the rest his body needed.

2 comments:

Alli said...

What a sweet story!

Diana said...

Aw! choked me up. I love your family!