Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Jesus Christ - Our Savior

I have felt impressed to read the New Testament, something I have never done in its entirety. I got through Mathew and part of Mark and then got so involved in the Book of Mormon with my kids that I kind of put it on the back burner. In our ward conference a few weeks ago our stake president, President Williams said he started reading in the New Testament about the life and ministry of Jesus. Again I felt prompted to open up that big book but I felt I needed to focus on the topic of Christ and his life. As I was searching for something to listen to on my Mormon Channel app I came across a program about the life and ministry of Christ. I immediately started the first part of it (it has 11 parts). It was about Mary when she first found out she was pregnant with the Son of God and her visit from the Angel. She travels the long journey to see Elisabeth and and talk with her about her pregnancy with John the Baptist. I can't even explain how strongly I felt the spirit as I listened to this amazing account of these two cousins who held in their wombs two men who would change the world. I have since listened to all but the last part of the series and I have learned so much about the life of Jesus. Everything I learned are things I already knew but now I really KNOW about them. I have a renewed testimony of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ. I KNOW that he lived. I KNOW that he healed the sick. I KNOW that he raised Lazarus from the dead. I KNOW that he suffered in Gethsemane for all of us. I KNOW that he was killed on the cross and that he was raised from the dead 3 days later.

I am grateful for the prompting that I felt to learn more about the Savior and more importantly I am glad I followed through on that prompting because I now KNOW who my Savior is and what He did for me.

No comments: