| Platte River |
| Stimpson |
| This picture reminded me of my ancestors because Rebecca was pregnant and they had a 4 year old son |
| Independence Rock |
Russ and I had the opportunity to go with Amy and Nana & Grandad to Martin's Cove and Independence Rock. It was such a neat experience but I wasn't expecting it to be as emotional as it was. I have ancestors that came across with the Martin Handcart Company (my great, great, great Grandpa). His wife, 2 year old son and a baby all died along the way. His wife died after giving birth along with the baby. Some records say that they died at Independence Rock and some say that they died at Martin's Cove, they are within miles of each other. After the Sister Missionary gave us the tour and presentation we ended at a list of names on a board that showed who was in the Martin Handcart Company. As I searched for the Stimpson name I was overcome with emotion when I found it. The spirit confirmed to me that I am a part of this beautiful heritage and that my ancestors were happy that I was there that day to feel of their presence. My testimony was strengthened of the sacrifices that these people went through in order to have religious freedom, and I am grateful for that sacrifice!
1 comment:
What a wonderful trip! Looks like you had a great time :)
Post a Comment