I love General Conference so I wanted to share some of my favorite things from this session...
Saturday Morning Session
Boyd K. Packer
-The rearing of your own children is the most important calling that you will ever hold in the church.
-No church calling is more important than another.
Sunday Morning Session
Henry B. Eyering
-Have I seen the hand of God reach out and touch me today?
-Find ways to remember the things the Lord does for you each day.
Quentin L. Cook
-Live by Faith not by Fear -President Gordon B. Hinckley
Sunday Afternoon Session
Steven E. Snow
-Unselfishness, sharing and kindness are essential parts of service.
Dallin H. Oaks
-Preserve time for family prayer, family scripture study and activities that bind a family together.
-What your children really want for dinner is you.
9 years ago
8 comments:
Wow Katie you're good! Don't ask me what my favorite parts were.
you're so funny Kena :)
I loved that quote "what your children want for dinner is you."
It was great!! I love conference weekend!!!
I loved "good, better, best" it was a good judge of how we spend our time.
Katie--you picked all my favoites too. Besides the talks, the best part was being there in person to see Pres. Hinckley "knight" Pres. Eyring on the head with his cane after his sustaining. He truly has a wonderful sens of humor and sets a great example for all of us.
I was really touched by Henry B Eyring's talk. I loved the prompting the Holy Ghost gave to him to record what was going on in life not for himself, but for his family. It just hit me really strong. I also loved all the talks you mentioned. I can't remember the dudes name, but he spoke about his first daughter dying and about how hard of a journey it was to get to the Mesa temple. When he spoke of that I just started bawling. I take so many luxuries in life for granted. I guess an hour drive isn't as bad as a weeks trek. Oh all of conference was so inspirational and I didn't want it to end. Sorry for the novel.
I love conference weekend! And I absolutely loved the talk by Julie B. Beck to mothers. It was a favorite of mine too!
Post a Comment