My friend Britney did this on her blog and I thought it looked like fun so I am going to keep it going and hope you do to...
First pregnancy, could not for the life of us agree on a boy's name but knew right away that we wanted to use the name Reese because it's so close to Russ' name and I loved that but I didn't want it to just be Reese so my middle name is Lynn so we came up with Reeslyn and she came out a girl so it was perfect. Her middle name is Ruby which is Russ' grandma's name.
Second pregnancy, again could not think of a boy's name but we had already decided before I was even pregnant that if we had another girl her name would be Mallory and how we came up with Mallory is ok this is embarrassing from mtv's Real World :) there was a girl named Mallory on it and Russ and I looked at each other and both said at the same time I really like that name, funny! and again it came out a girl so again it was perfect. Her middle name is Ann which is my mom's middle name.
Third pregnancy, Russ had mentioned the name Mason during the first 2 pregnancies as possibilities for boy's names but I went to elementary school with a Mason and you know how name association goes so I never liked it. Then I got pregnant and all of the sudden fell in love with it and this time we couldn't for the life of us think of a girl's name so again it worked out perfectly. His middle name is Grant which is Russ' middle name.
If you do it, leave a comment for me so I can read your blog!
9 years ago
3 comments:
Aren't names the hardest to come up with? I felt like boy names were hard when naming a boy, then girl names were hard when naming a girl.
Tyson was going to be named Parker, until we moved to Parker, Co and then changed it!! But, after a lot of thought and not being able to decide or agree on anything, we came up with Tyson which is my great grandmother's maiden name. And his middle name is Paul which is my dad's name. We thought Ty Jones sounded like a name you could hear on Sport's Center!
With Avery, it was so hard. We couldn't agree on anything. Brent came to me and said he really liked the name Nancy and after that, I knew we had a long way to go. Avery is my neices middle name and it's the only name we both loved and could agree on. She doesn't have a middle name because none of the girls in my family have middle names because we take our maiden names as middle names.
That's it. Sorry it was so long!
Thanks for sharing. I love the names Reeslyn, Mason and Mallory. Mallory has always been one we talked about before we knew the sex. We knew a girl named Mallory that died of cancer when she was 16 and we loved her so much!!!! Thanks again for sharing. (By the way, your kids are SO stinkin' cute)
Who was the Mason you went to elementary school with? Do I know him too? I have a Mason too, should I be worried!!!!!
Post a Comment