Tuesday, May 6, 2008

New Challenge

My blogging friend Brooke O always has such great challenges on her blog that really make you think so I decided to come up with one, here goes...

Think of something that your children do that really drives you crazy but that you will terribly miss when they are grown.

Here's mine: As I was taking a shower the other day I realized towards the end of it that I had NO interruptions!!! How crazy is that no "Mom, Mallory's in front of the tv", "Mommy, Sisi pushed me", "I'm hungry", "I want to play outside", this list could go on and on! It seems that no matter what time of day I take my shower I ALWAYS have interruptions. And most of the time once they interrupt me they have to stay there with the door to the shower wide open so I'm freezing cold until I'm finished. But the other day as I finished my shower without interruptions I realized how lonely my shower was. So this is my thing that really drives my crazy but I'm going to miss it terribly when my children are grown!

7 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

we have the same shower problem over here. actually, i can't think of anything that drives me crazy that my kids do. i love them so much it overpowers all other emotions! yeah right!! it drives me crazy when my kids are splashing in the tub and jumping all around in there because the water gets everywhere. however, secretly i love it and will miss it because i love to see how much fun they are having together and how happy a simple thing like a bath makes them.

Kate said...

Thats a hard one katie, there are many things that drive me nuts but, I'm not so sure I'd miss them.

Amy said...

I am going on 8 years without a private shower and I am not even sure what that will be like! I guess kids really aren't that different :o) I have tried to get up before they are awake and do it but c'mon 4:30 is just too early for a shower, private or public!! I am sure there isn't anything I won't miss, even fits. When it comes down to it they just aren't around for that long at all and yet it seems sometimes like eternity. I suppose the loss of perspective is what allows me to get annoyed when really I would be much better served to relish in the moment. Even when it's pizza sauce all over the white chairs and shirts :o)

Spencer and Marlee said...

Okay so I have not checked the blogs for a while and just read "A Girl's Best Friend," My Aunt has both the Vacume and one that mops her house. She LOVES them! She said that it can even do her stairs. That is AWESOME! What a nice husband you have!! Good Job Russ!
As far as things that my kids do that bother me, but I will miss... Well I have not experienced that, but hopefully someday I will. I would she the shower thing being frustrating. Especially because I like HOTT showers.

Spencer and Marlee said...

Okay sorry, BUT I just read about the van! YIKES!!! I am glad that everyone it alright! Where the kids with you?

[BrookeO] said...

did you get my comment?!

russandkatie said...

that's the only one I got Brooke