Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bye Bye Gas Hog, Hello Bike




No we are not selling the truck but Russ has decided to ride his bike to work instead of drive and I was like a proud mother watching her child go to school for the first time this morning. Thanks for enduring through the pictures honey!

9 comments:

Sarah M Eden said...

Paul rides his bike to work, too. It has saved us gas and he likes getting the exercise. Except I am mean and insist he not ride when there's an excessive heat warning. Poor boy, his wife's a wimp.

It's Been a Day! said...

very impressive. I wish I could just strap the kids in the bike and take them on some errands. It would serve a couple of purposes. With gas prices the way they are these days, I'm not sure we are far behind on the whole bike thing!

Amy said...

How fun. Sam rode to work in MI and loved it. His crew thought he was crazy when it was 30 and blowing like mad, so did I, but he loved it.

Di and Justin said...

Tell Russ to keep her training wheels off and also take the chain and pedals off... Justin and I swear by this.. before you know it she will be putting them back on and riding her bike..
Yes we did have snow about 3 weeks ago (or less)... OH and we should still do something w/ ya for July... call or email me and let me know...
love you all
di-

Diana said...

I will have to show Evan and get him a good lock for the bike. Maybe he will try it!

Spencer and Marlee said...

Good Job Russ! Hope to see you in the next triathlon.

Brooke said...

ok, i can totally picture you out their with your camera and waving goodbye as he drives away, i can even picture russ waving back blowing you kisses. oh man...that cracks me up. what a good idea though! way to go russ!

Jeni said...

With these gas prices that's what you gotta do! Good for him!!!

Jess said...

We have a guy in our ward who rides his bike to work--like 20 miles there and 20 miles back almost every day! I've tried to get Kirk to do it, but we need to get him a bike first. That's a great way to help us in our quest to go "green." BTW Katie, your blog is amazing.