Sunday, June 15, 2008

Picky Eater or Afraid to try new things?

Reeslyn has always been my difficult child at meal time! She fights me on everything and never wants to try anything new. But she really isn't a "picky" eater because if I can actually get her to try the food then she usually ends of loving it. So the problem is more that she doesn't like to try anything new. So I came up with this idea... everytime she tries something new she gets to put it on the list and if she doesn't like it then she never has to eat it again but it also means that when we eat a food again that she said she liked and she tries to tell me she doesn't like it I have proof! She also loves to add to the list so if I'm ever having trouble getting her to eat I just say "we can add it to your list" and she immediately gobbles it up.



As you can see the list only benefits me but she sure thinks she's in control! I love it!!!

10 comments:

Claire said...

Is so funny that the list works so well!! I'll have to remember that idea for further down the road... Scott is a picky eater (or scared to try new things... I haven't figured out which!), and I'm kind of scared that'll be something Cecelia picks up on!

It's Been a Day! said...

what a genius idea. I think I might have to try this with my husband and his vegetables!!

Jessica said...

very good idea!

Mendy said...

Your one smart cookie! What a great idea!

Aleisha said...

What a great idea.

Kate said...

That's a great idea I'm going to try it with Grace (if you don't mind) she won't eat anything.

Amy said...

What a great idea. Whenever they feel in control life is so much easier. I have been blessed with not having to deal with this problem so far but Addie is proving to be a little on the stubborn side with food. I'll keep this idea in my back pocket, thanks!

russandkatie said...

we can now add shrimp to the list, Reeslyn LOVES it!!!

Why didn't I think of doing this list a year ago???

Amy said...

The same reason I didn't think of a million things that work a year or three ago. Live and learn really is the key I think. Tell Reeslyn she has a longer list than Aunt Amy - I don't like shrimp, but her cousins LOVE it. Shrimp party at our house? :o)

Jeni said...

Awesome. I love good ideas like this.