I read this in a magazine today and got a real kick out of it...
What she says: "I know, I hear the baby. I'm getting up."
What she means: "I'm not actually getting up. I'm just dramatically propping myself up on my elbows and waiting for you to pre-empt my getting up with your getting up."
What she says: "Have you seen my keys?"
What she means: "Get up and look for my keys because if you don't, I'll be circling you on the couch, complaining about how my life is out of control, until I find them."
What she says: "How was your day?"
What she means: "How was MY day?"
What she says: "Is that what your wearing tonight?"
What she means: "Remember that sweater I got you for your birthday? Now's the time."
What she says: "I can't believe Dave interrupted you like that in your meeting, did he let you finish?"
What she means: "Fill out camp forms, get stain out of jacket before work tomorrow, call Lucy's doctor about her eczema, take the pork out of the freezer..."
What she says: "Do you want to order in tonight?"
What she means: "Run me a bath and bring me a bottle of Advil. Then take the kids out for pizza and don't come back until Friday"
What she says: "Could you please pass the salt?"
What she means: "I'm overwhelmed and overworked! Why do I have to keep track of everything? Can't anyone ever take care of me?"
9 years ago
5 comments:
I think you just read my mind!
I know Brit I know! I was laughing my head off through the whole thing because it all sounded oddly familiar :)
it does sound a little familiar!
I'm really sorry to say...I am also guilty of this-especially the first one! So funny! I'm going to have Jonathan read this so that he'll better understand me :)!
I read this to Paul - laughing so hard through it all. He just stared in amazement. Then, he said, "Are you all really like that?" Like he was shocked. "Yep!"
It was pretty funny.
Post a Comment