Friday, September 12, 2008

Canning Salsa

5 lbs tomatoes, diced
6 cups onions, diced
2 cups anaheim chilies, diced
1 cup jalapenos, seeded and diced (leave the seeds in for an extra kick)
2 limes, juiced
1 tbsp garlic pepper tabasco sauce
1/8 cup garlic cloves, diced
1/4 cup vinegar, any kind will do but I used garlic vinegar
1-1/2 cups cilantro, chopped
1-1/2 tbsp salt
pepper to taste
Chop and Dice away
Eat a big bowl of ice cream because let's face it, chopping and dicing is hard work!!!
Combine all ingredients in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.

Pour into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.

Steam Bath for 15 minutes

Remove and wait for the blissful sound of popping!!!

Yields 8 pints

6 comments:

Claire said...

Ok- I need to figure out this whole canning thing! As much as I love freezer jam and frozen fruits, I really want to learn to can so I can do salsa, fruit, spaghetti sauce... I might need to have you teach me!

Brooke said...

ok, i am SO gonna try tackling this project! You have inspired me!

Amy said...

Yummy! Are you bringing some to us?

:o)

Mama J said...

So that looks SO GOOD! Do you have to can it? Or can you eat it all right then???

Steph and Keith said...

It all looks perfect Katie! I'll take it all!!

Di and Justin said...

thanks for the recipe... I have tomato's coming out my ____...
love ya di