Wow girl, you are amazing!! Great job! You keep running marathons and maybe someday I'll get a 10k under my belt =) or a 5k for that matter? =) Weekend looks fun...mallory is just getting so big...she looks like a little girl now and is so dang cute!!
Wow, Katie! How many is this? I am starting to get ready for a half marathon in December. Need to get new shoes, and get rid of this tummy fat:) You look so in shape!
Katie, Katie!! You did amazing!!! You aren't even taking a break!! Already getting ready for the next race!! Without even taking a day off! (besides Sunday) Good Job!!
That's awesome that you ran that. Way to go! You really do look so good. You have the flattest stomach. HOW? I am so jealous. After having 3 kids. You do look amazing.
Way to go Kate! What an awesome inspiration you are to your girls. Were you worried about your knee at all? I suppose keeping up with Mason is half of your training :)
Katie, you really did do awesome! No one will truly appreciate what you did, except those who did it. Even if you read my blog about the uphill climb, you really don't get a sense for what it was like unless you do it! Good job!!!
Here is what my friend Jeni wrote on her blog about the race (we did it together) I thought her explanation was PERFECT!
The elevation in Phoenix is about 1200 ft. The elevation in Flagstaff is about 8000 ft. There are beautiful mountains and one small ski resort there. The half marathon was a trail run in the mountains. Both of the half marathons I have previously done have been trail runs, which I have found to be pretty nice. Anyway, we got up there Friday night and stayed with Katie and Russ Forsberg at their cabin. Katie and I had been planning the run for this weekend and they were nice enough to invite us to stay at the cabin with them on Friday and Saturday night! Thanks guys! In our training we tried to find hills to run on so we could adequately train. I felt prepared for the hills and was then worried about the altitude. Well as it turns out, the 3 mile straight uphill climb/run was what killed me! I really was feeling good at mile 6, even though I had already fallen, since the path was much more rocky then the two trail runs I have done in the past, and I'm a klutz! Anyway I felt like I would for sure attain my first goal and possibly get close to my previous time. Then the mountain got ugly!! I have NEVER before ran 3-4 miles up a hill, and I am not even joking when I say there was no break in the hill... no down hill for 2 seconds... no straight path.... straight up hill on a small rocky dirt path!!! Each mile marker I kept thinking that it had to end soon, we had to start going down hill soon!! When I hit mile 10 and was still going up hill I knew I wasn't even going to attain my 2nd goal... run, do not walk! I had to walk, my legs were BURNING!!! Finally.... mile 11... DOWN HILL!!! I wouldn't have made my last goal if those last 2 miles were not straight down hill!!! I nearly screamed for joy... oh wait, I did... when I got close to that finish line! And get this... there were people who were doing the marathon, and they were about to start that whole thing all over. The marathon was the half marathon 2 times!!! Shoot me now! Well it was a great workout and in all fairness I nearly attained all my goals. I did finish, I only walked for about a total of 1 minute, and my time was 2 hours and 1 min!! Wahoo! Not sure if I will do that race again. Oh and did I mention I fell... again! That's right, 2 times! But I saw one lady who was completely covered in dirt, her biff must have been worse then mine! All in all it was a great experience, thanks Katie for doing it with me!!
WoW! I wish I could even find time to do something so rewarding as running a marathon. You look great! Its fun to hear of all the cute things your kids do and say. Someday we will get together so I can witness heir cuteness in real life!
15 comments:
What a cute family. Russ you done good. I finally have a blog up and running again it is theetchellsfamily.blogspot.com
Hope to see you all soon for a reunion or something. It has been way too long. I could probably still kick your hiney Russ in basketball! :)
Good job Katie!!
Wow girl, you are amazing!! Great job! You keep running marathons and maybe someday I'll get a 10k under my belt =) or a 5k for that matter? =) Weekend looks fun...mallory is just getting so big...she looks like a little girl now and is so dang cute!!
way to go! that's awesome. i'm so impressed. it's not fair that you look that good after running a half marathon!
Way to go Katie!!
Wow, Katie! How many is this? I am starting to get ready for a half marathon in December. Need to get new shoes, and get rid of this tummy fat:) You look so in shape!
Katie, Katie!! You did amazing!!! You aren't even taking a break!! Already getting ready for the next race!! Without even taking a day off! (besides Sunday) Good Job!!
That's awesome that you ran that. Way to go! You really do look so good. You have the flattest stomach. HOW? I am so jealous. After having 3 kids. You do look amazing.
Way to go Kate! What an awesome inspiration you are to your girls. Were you worried about your knee at all? I suppose keeping up with Mason is half of your training :)
Love,
Amy
Katie, you really did do awesome! No one will truly appreciate what you did, except those who did it. Even if you read my blog about the uphill climb, you really don't get a sense for what it was like unless you do it! Good job!!!
Here is what my friend Jeni wrote on her blog about the race (we did it together) I thought her explanation was PERFECT!
The elevation in Phoenix is about 1200 ft. The elevation in Flagstaff is about 8000 ft. There are beautiful mountains and one small ski resort there. The half marathon was a trail run in the mountains. Both of the half marathons I have previously done have been trail runs, which I have found to be pretty nice. Anyway, we got up there Friday night and stayed with Katie and Russ Forsberg at their cabin. Katie and I had been planning the run for this weekend and they were nice enough to invite us to stay at the cabin with them on Friday and Saturday night! Thanks guys! In our training we tried to find hills to run on so we could adequately train. I felt prepared for the hills and was then worried about the altitude. Well as it turns out, the 3 mile straight uphill climb/run was what killed me! I really was feeling good at mile 6, even though I had already fallen, since the path was much more rocky then the two trail runs I have done in the past, and I'm a klutz! Anyway I felt like I would for sure attain my first goal and possibly get close to my previous time. Then the mountain got ugly!! I have NEVER before ran 3-4 miles up a hill, and I am not even joking when I say there was no break in the hill... no down hill for 2 seconds... no straight path.... straight up hill on a small rocky dirt path!!! Each mile marker I kept thinking that it had to end soon, we had to start going down hill soon!! When I hit mile 10 and was still going up hill I knew I wasn't even going to attain my 2nd goal... run, do not walk! I had to walk, my legs were BURNING!!! Finally.... mile 11... DOWN HILL!!! I wouldn't have made my last goal if those last 2 miles were not straight down hill!!! I nearly screamed for joy... oh wait, I did... when I got close to that finish line! And get this... there were people who were doing the marathon, and they were about to start that whole thing all over. The marathon was the half marathon 2 times!!! Shoot me now! Well it was a great workout and in all fairness I nearly attained all my goals. I did finish, I only walked for about a total of 1 minute, and my time was 2 hours and 1 min!! Wahoo! Not sure if I will do that race again. Oh and did I mention I fell... again! That's right, 2 times! But I saw one lady who was completely covered in dirt, her biff must have been worse then mine! All in all it was a great experience, thanks Katie for doing it with me!!
Great job! Now onto Bisbee? I am guessing you are going to be climbing the weight bench till then?
Yeah for you! Seriously I think this is such a huge accomplishment and you should be so proud.
WoW! I wish I could even find time to do something so rewarding as running a marathon. You look great! Its fun to hear of all the cute things your kids do and say. Someday we will get together so I can witness heir cuteness in real life!
Congrats on the half marathon. Next SG marathon?
Post a Comment