Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Another Obsession

Geneology!!!
My kitchen floors need to be mopped, my floors need to be vacuumed and there are piles of laundry waiting to be folded, BUT....
I have 2 names from my family that Russ and I are taking to the temple to do the work for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go here http://www.new.familysearch.org/ and see what you can find, it is so cool to see your family history just pop up on the screen.
Disclaimer: some names don't just pop up on the screen, some you actually have to search for but believe me it's worth it!!!

9 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

That is SOOOO AWESOME! Congrats! We'll watch your kids when you go!

It's Been a Day! said...

I love this site. I got into it this summer and found about 20 names that we could do temple work for. I think family history is so interesting.

Di and Justin said...

OKAY, so I signed up after I went to the Joseph Smith Memorial building and asked my grandma what the room full of computers was for... Um duh! it was the geneology/family history center... But ask me what else I do after I have signed up.. NO CLUE>>>
Help!
your brain washed sister-in-law

Mendy said...

Seriously...who are you?? You get so much done in a day and have your hands into so many different exciting things!! You amaze me to say the least!!

russandkatie said...

mendy-I'm not really that amazing because my house is a disaster! My kids have a strict 7:30 bedtime at my house and that's when I work on all of the canning and geneology stuff.

Amy said...

Way to go Kate, you are an inspiration! Who are you going to do the work for? I thought our stuff was done all the way back to Adam, what with Grandma doing it for so long. Was it Mom's side? Curiosity is killing me :) Will it work for Sam's family too? He wants to do it so badly and of course nobody has done anything, I think that's why I hesitate because I have no clue and starting from zero seems so hard. Wah, Wha, Wha, I know!

Jessica said...

Way to go! That's awesome. When are you guys going? We have some names from Sean's side that we need to take.

Neysa said...

That is really cool! It's fun going to the temple and doing temple work for family.

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK!!! You are such an inspiration and quite the motivator. You go! :)