Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our Fun Filled Weekend!

Here we are front and center :)

We just got back from the Bisbee Stair Climb and I have to say this was one of the funnest races I have ever done. It consists of 1000 stairs plus a 5K run. I placed 4th (out of 93) in my age group and 93rd (out of 1106) overall. I am very proud of myself! I did it with my SIL Marlee and she placed 3rd in her age group and 57th overall, Go Marlee!!!



After the race we went to Marlee and Spencer's Stake Fall Activity and ate LOTS AND LOTS of cotton candy!!! Oh wait first we ate LOTS AND LOTS of pizza and then the cotton candy, oh and don't forget the snowcones!!!


Then we went to see the baby pigs at Marlee's parent's house



Mallory was serinading the pigs with her beautiful songs ;)

And there's nothing better than fresh eggs from the chickens, especially when the fresh eggs actually make it the the house before being dropped. Maybe next time Mom and Dad will hold on to the eggs.

Right after this picture was taken Mallory grabbed that chicken from Marlee and held onto it like it was her baby and she thought it was the coolest thing ever. It was pretty hilarious and I did get a video of it.

13 comments:

Neysa said...

GOOD JOB KATIE! That's awesome.

Mendy said...

WOW! Go girls!!

Katie and Howard said...

WAY TO GO KATIE!!! That is awesome!

Mary said...

YEEHAW! Good job Katie!

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you girls!! Great job, Katie!

Diana said...

Congrats! you did great!

Amy said...

Let the good times roll! Looks like a ton of fun. Way to go on your awesome run :)

Di and Justin said...

I almost didn't recognize Russ. He looks good.. and congrats on the Race...

Marla said...

If you get any Fa-reakin skinnier you will just disappear and then I would miss you so you better stop with all these races! But great job wish I had motivation. btw Russ looks great too, what's with you two trying to be the next cover picture on People or what.

It's Been a Day! said...

russ looks great in his blue and white running gear right next to you!! jk. way to go. very impressive to do the stairs and then do the race and then actually do well!! you're an inspiration.

and that's one big mama pig, but very cute baby piggies!

Steph and Keith said...

OK - I think I will have to miss one Saturday of soccor games next year to run the stair climb too! I am now envious!
Tyler was looking at this with me and will not stop telling me "I want to go see the piggies at Marlee's house" - over and over and over!!!

Bronwyn James said...

Your life seems filled with so many fun things! I love all the stories and pictures, and congrats on the run!

Jeni said...

Ok, so I haven't checked your blog lately! Sounds like you did awesome... you were being very modest when I talked to you the other day about it! Good job! Maybe I'll do it with ya next year, it looks fun.