Saturday, November 22, 2008

I can do it by myself

Reeslyn has always been my child who is very dependent on me. This started from a very young age because of her vision. She clung to me like a gorilla baby clings to it's mommy. She would never get more than 2 feet away from me and even that made her nervous. When she got her glasses at 22 months it got a lot better but it was still pretty bad. As she has gotten older it gets better and better but she still wants me right next to her for a lot of things but today she asked me if I would help her do something and then immediately looked up at me and said "wait I'm 5 now, I can do it by myself!" I love this little girl so much and getting the news about Mason's vision the other day has really made me reflect on just how much. She is amazing to be where she is today with the limited vision that she has and I am so very proud of her!!!

2 comments:

Neysa said...

That is soooo sweet!

Jessica said...

So there's hope for Carter!