Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good News Good News

Since I have a primary calling I don't get to participate in the "good news" in Relief Society so I'm going to shout it from the blog instead...

Today we went to a doctor in Tucson to get another opinion on Mason and Reeslyn's eye condition "nanopthalamus" and he said that although their eyes are small they are not small enough to be classified as "nanopthalamus" which is AWESOME!!! and means they aren't at risk for Glaucoma. He also doesn't think that they are at risk for congenital amaurosis which is a condition that people with farsighted vision like theirs usually have. He also said that he doesn't see any signs of Mason's eyes turning in like Reeslyn's did which means he most likely won't have to have surgery like Reeslyn did. Seriously could it get any better than this!!! All good news here folks!

Reeslyn says in her prayers almost every night (because she hears her Dad say it) "please bless mine and Mason's eyes to get better". Well Reese your prayers have been answered!

19 comments:

Claire said...

Yay!! That is awesome. I love that Reeslyn prays for that... what a sweet little girl.

Becky said...

What wonerful news! We are truly be looked after.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! THAT IS SOOOO EXCITING! That needs to be shouted from the roof tops!

Brooke said...

Ok, the last part about Reeslyn's prayer, gave me chills! There is NOTHING better than the faith of a child! Tells me you are an amazing mom Katie!

Amy said...

How fabulously awesome! So glad for my sis and beautiful niece and nephew. Here's to keeping the faith :)

Diana said...

That is GREAT news!!! Hope you guys have a fun time in Dia-rr...I mean, Sierra Vista!!!

Nana said...

As grandparents, we couldn't be happier for this good news. We are also very grateful that our grandchildren have such awesome parents who teach them the truly important things in life--like prayers and faith in Heavenly Father...and we love you lots!!!

It's Been a Day! said...

what great news!! and great to get good news for both kids! what a great lesson for Reeslyn to learn about the power of prayer. Congrats!

Katie and Howard said...

That is just wonderful news!! I love that Reeslyn prays for that what a huge testimony builder for her!

Sarah said...

Happy happy news! I'm sure it's a wonderful relief.

Mama J said...

That is WONDERFUL news!!! I bet your glad and went and got that second opinion! I want to take Pay down to phoenix to get a second opinion on her ears. And now hearing your story makes me want to do it even more!

Cute about her little prayer too!

Sarah M Eden said...

That is wonderful news! We were very happy when Katherine's eyes didn't have the problems Jonathan's do. And after two surgeries on Jonathan's eyes we can certainly appreciate your gratitude over avoiding surgery with Mason. Wonderful, wonderful!

Neysa said...

That is GREAT NEWS Katie...AWESOME. CONGRATS! Those other pictures below are DARLING. LOVE the barbie one with your little boy...SO CUTE!

Brooke said...

PS-I tagged you!

Family of Disney said...

That is so awesome to hear.

I think we need a big family party to celebrate!

Kena said...

SO glad to hear Katie!!

Jessica said...

Yeah! Hope you had fun in Sierra Vista.

Linda Bennett said...

What great news! I'm sure it must be a huge relief for your family. We missed Reeslyn at our Valentine's party, but I have her box of goodies from the valentines the kids exchanged. See you Wednesday for our zoo field trip!!

Jeni said...

That's great! What a relief!