Sunday, March 22, 2009

It must be a Gwilliam thing...

So if you click on the picture above you can see that my brother Aaron climbed to the top of this gi-normous Pine tree in my front yard...
*
And if you go here you can read all about my niece who likes to climb to new heights as well...
*
And now here is my story...
Today has been a very windy day and we decided to go out front and enjoy the nice breeze, then we hear a strange noise and Russ decides to go on the roof to investigate and the kids follow him into the backyard while I stay out front thinking that they will come right back and join me.
But the next thing I see is this...
Apparently Russ was on the roof and he hears Spencer and Tanner (nephews from next door) yelling at him from the trampoline. He looks up to see them pointing at Mason who has now joined him on the roof, sippy cup and all!!!

**This picture was taken after the fact, I let him climb the ladder again for journaling purposes :)

Lesson learned: Never leave ladders unattended while Mason is around

11 comments:

It's Been a Day! said...

oh my gosh! that mason has NO FEAR!! So funny that you got a picture though!!

Mendy said...

Good thing you have those great neighbors to watch out for your little guy! What a climber!! He sure is a boy's boy!

Amy said...

Just wait until he's old enough to open the garage door and get the ladder himself! Yep, Addie's done it. I am just lucky she couldn't quite manage to get it open and extended to prop it up and climb. Not yet anyway ...

Brooke said...

Oh my gosh! I would have had a heart attack! What a brave little man!!!

Sarah M Eden said...

Holy Crumb! I would have totally peed my pants!

Anonymous said...

JR did this when he was not quite 2 and we have a picture of him......I am hoping I never have a picture of my own little guys doing this. Too much anxiety. It is soooo Mason's personality so I love that it show's how determined he is. Nothin's gonna stop that kid.

Maegan said...

Lol, that is crazy he has no fear! So does he get on the fridge and stuff?? He is so cute!

Neysa said...

How scary is that. My little girl has no fear at all either...oh kids.

Kena said...

My oh My!!!

Di and Justin said...

HOLY CRAP... :)

Jeni said...

He's a climber!!! Holy cow! That would have freaked me out! He's so cute!