Tuesday, August 25, 2009

St. Louis

We went straight from the airport to Stake n Shake to eat
and then I had to run it off!
My Grandpa has always been known in our family for his home grown tomatoes which are delicious! He made us BLT sandwiches for lunch one day and they did not disappoint!!!


My mom and I headed back to Stake n Shake the next day for happy hour (half price shakes) Yummy!!!
The main purpose of my trip to St. Louis was to work on family history. My Grandma is a wealth of knowledge and memories!


But we didn't just search out dead people the whole time, we got to spend some quality time with my live relatives too... Aunt Jean and her daughter Barb!

Memories, Memories, Memories

Saying goodbye is never fun
but at least I got to come home to this!
He loved his Steak n Shake car!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blast, I really appreciate your passion for documenting this part of the family history.

Pretty incredible trip, and another pretty incredible memory.

Rock on Steak N Shake,
Red Cream Soda
Home Grown Matters
and of course, Grandma and Grandpa
(and your BIG bag of candy)

Spencer and Marlee said...

You are so good about doing your family history!! I am sure you learned a lot and got to hear a lot of cool family stories! That Stake and Shake place sounds great right now!! I would go for a nice big shake as we speak... except I can't exactly run it off. Looks like a fun trip!

Bronwyn James said...

Katie, you're an inspiration. I'm not being sarcastic. This looks like such a sweet trip, and for such a noble purpose. And you run after eating a hamburger and shake. I want to be like you!