This will be Russ's 4th knee surgery and hopefully his last! His doctor didn't even have him get an MRI because he trusted that Russ knew what he was talking about since he had been through it 3 times before. Sure enough he had a torn meniscus and some torn cartilage that was rubbing on the bone. Because he didn't have an MRI though he was 2nd guessing himself and worried that the doctor was going to open up his knee and find that there wasn't really anything wrong at all and all that money would be wasted. So of course while he was in recovery I had to tease him a little bit and you should have seen the look on his face when I told him the doctor didn't find anything wrong. I quickly told him the truth because I'm not very good at keeping a straight face and he was very relieved. So far he has been a very good patient but unfortunately I am a horrible nurse because I almost fainted and threw up simultaneously when I had to take the bandage off and help him clean it. I am however very good at getting him drinks and his medicine so that should count for something!
9 years ago
3 comments:
I didn't even know Russ was going to have surgury. Poor guy...4 times! WOW! I love the little prank you pulled on him. I thought it was funny!
Glad things are going good and hope he feels better! I'm guessing he is out for the warrior dash.
super wife!
I think it counts :) I am not the best nurse either!
Post a Comment