In 2nd grade you get to do "Tea at the White House". It's a fun program where the kids get to pick someone who they think would be invited to the white house because of the accomplishments they have had in their life. Reeslyn picked Emma Smith and Hunter picked a famous soccer player but I can't rememer his name right now, oops :)
After a program where they signed the Pledge of Allegiance and sang some patriotic songs the parents and grandparents who came to watch were supposed to ask questions to the kids that they had memorized the answers to. Reeslyn had fun asked all of her friends the questions too.
Here are the questions and answers for Emma Smith:
Where and when were you born?
Harmony, Pennsylvania in 1804
Why are you famous?
I was first made famous because my husband was the first prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and as the prophet my husband asked me to start and preside over the Relief Society which to date is the largest women's organization in the world.
Is there someone who was an influence to you in your life?
My children. I had 11 children, 2 of which were adopted and sadly only 5 lived to be adults.
Is there any other interesting information about you?
I compiled the church's first hymn book.
I was so proud of Reeslyn and how hard she worked to memorize all of her lines and she did so awesome!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment