I've had the opportunity to do several shifts up at the temple open house. Each time I go I have a different experience, I do a different job and I meet different people. There are so many good people in this world who are striving for good and I feel so blessed to have met so many of them. Yesterday I was working with a sweet lady probably in her 80's and during a quiet time when nobody was coming through she walked over to me and said that while she was watching the video of the temple at the beginning of our training she was overcome with the feeling that The Lord is very pleased with this building. I thanked her for sharing this with me and hugged her. I have had my own confirmations of this same thing in different ways while I've been serving but it was so nice to have a perfect stranger but someone with a common bond of the temple tell me she had this same confirmation. We are all in this Gospel together. There are so many moving parts and puzzle pieces but we all find each other and support the same thing, which is God and his church. The song by David Archuleta "Glorious" says, "it's like a symphony, just keep listening and pretty soon you'll start to figure out your part." We really do need each and every person that comes into our lives. We learn and grow from every experience that we have, whether good or bad.
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment