Thursday, April 2, 2015

My testimony of Easter

This Easter Week has been a very spiritual one for me.  On Monday I felt inspired to make up this little collage for my fridge going through each day of the week leading up to Easter and what Christ did on that day.  Putting it together was an incredibly spiritual experience as I read the scriptures, watched the videos and pondered what lessons I would want my kids to learn on those days.  

My parent's got divorced when I was 9 years old and although I was still an active member of the church the teaching I received at home was lacking.  I remember doing family scripture study and family home evenings sporadically before that but never after.  I only remember our home teachers coming to our home once and that was when I was 15 and living with my Dad.  Because of this lack of teaching in the home as I grew up I really feel like I'm learning right along with my kids sometimes.  

I am very grateful for my knowledge of the restored Gospel, it has made me who I am today.  I am extremely grateful for the scriptures especially The Book of Mormon because without it I would be lost.  But I am most grateful at this time of Easter for The Bible and the testimonies of Christ that are recorded there.

I have a testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ.  I know that He lived on this earth and went about his father's business teaching throughout his entire short life.  I know that He died on the cross for us.  And I know that on the 3rd day He rose from that tomb as a resurrected being.  This knowledge is why I live each day striving to better myself.  So I too can live with Him someday.

No comments: